EVIDENCING THE TSDS
This course will help social workers develop an evidence gathering toolkit to ensure newly approved foster/kinship carers understand and meet the required standards as soon as possible following approval. It will provide practical steps to ensure foster carers feel supported to complete their evidence workbook and reduce any anxieties they have about how and if they meet the standards. Utilising organisation and time management skills, social workers will be confident in ensuring the deadline for completion is met reducing any perceived pressure felt by foster/kinship carers around the standards, especially when they are getting used to the fostering role, undertaking other mandatory courses and of course, settling their first foster children into their home.
- Understanding and interpreting each TSD standard in brief
- Exercises to get participants thinking about the types of evidence they can use to meet each standard and sub-standard
- How to encourage foster carers to take ownership of meeting the standards and completing their own evidence workbook
- Building an effective portfolio
- How to make it meaningful, fun and worthwhile for foster carers who are already busy without them becoming overwhelmed
- How to run TSD support group or buddy foster carers up to help them help themselves and reduce anxieties
- How to include and analyze the evidence in the foster carers first annual review report
"Very inspirational and informative course covering topics that are sometimes overlooked."
CONTACT THE TRAINING TEAM DISCUSS BOOKING A NUMBER OF COURSES TOGETHER IN A TRAINING BUNDLE
Journey 2 Foster
Empower your pre-approval carers with the skills, confidence, and knowledge to prepare them for their journey 2 foster.Find out more...
Managing Allegations For Staff
Comprehensive training for social work professionals on identifying, managing and assessing the impact of allegations.Find out more...
Supervision Skills For Supervising Social Workers
Learn how to manage performance, resolve issues, and understand the regulatory context and purpose of foster care supervision.Find out more...
Child Sexual Exploitation Awareness
Explore the risks of sexual and criminal exploitation and how to provide a safe base for children and young people in care.Find out more...