SUPPORTING LGBTQ CHILDREN
& YOUNG PEOPLE
SUPPORTING LGBTQ CHILDREN & YOUNG PEOPLE
- Understand the legal & policy framework as a foster carer supporting the healthy development of a young person’s positive sexual identity (link with education)
- The LGBTQ+ timeline
- Becoming familiar with evolving terminology.
- Considering LGBTQ+, Gender ID, gender dysphoria, social exclusion and the effects on mental health
- Coming Out
- Our personal feelings and how they affect our support of a young person in our care with confidence and knowledge
- Confidentiality and safeguarding issues for the LGBTQ+ young person
"Very inspirational and informative course covering topics that are sometimes overlooked."
FACE TO FACE:
FACE TO FACE
CONTACT THE TRAINING TEAM DISCUSS BOOKING A NUMBER OF COURSES TOGETHER IN A TRAINING BUNDLE
Journey 2 Foster
Empower your pre-approval carers with the skills, confidence, and knowledge to prepare them for their journey 2 foster.Find out more...
Managing Allegations For Staff
Comprehensive training for social work professionals on identifying, managing and assessing the impact of allegations.Find out more...
Supervision Skills For Supervising Social Workers
Learn how to manage performance, resolve issues, and understand the regulatory context and purpose of foster care supervision.Find out more...
Child Sexual Exploitation Awareness
Explore the risks of sexual and criminal exploitation and how to provide a safe base for children and young people in care.Find out more...