SUPPORTING LGBTQ CHILDREN
& YOUNG PEOPLE
SUPPORTING LGBTQ CHILDREN & YOUNG PEOPLE
- Understand the legal & policy framework as a foster carer supporting the healthy development of a young person’s positive sexual identity (link with education)
- The LGBTQ+ timeline
- Becoming familiar with evolving terminology.
- Considering LGBTQ+, Gender ID, gender dysphoria, social exclusion and the effects on mental health
- Coming Out
- Our personal feelings and how they affect our support of a young person in our care with confidence and knowledge
- Confidentiality and safeguarding issues for the LGBTQ+ young person
"Very inspirational and informative course covering topics that are sometimes overlooked."
FACE TO FACE:
FACE TO FACE
CONTACT THE TRAINING TEAM DISCUSS BOOKING A NUMBER OF COURSES TOGETHER IN A TRAINING BUNDLE