NATIONAL MINIMUM STANDARDS
FosterTalk offers training to supervising social workers on national minimum standards. It includes an introduction to national minimum standards in fostering, the clear purpose of national minimum standards, their practical application and how to complete review and supervision activities effectively.
- Explain the regulatory framework and national minimum standards
- Identify the purpose of national minimum standards for fostering
- Explain how to apply national minimum standards within fostering
- Discuss the assessment, review and supervision of foster carers
- Describe how NMS is applied to placement into foster care
"This was extremely insightful for me as a panel member and a foster carer to hear from the social workers' perspective"
FACE TO FACE:
FACE TO FACE
CONTACT THE TRAINING TEAM DISCUSS BOOKING A NUMBER OF COURSES TOGETHER IN A TRAINING BUNDLE
Journey 2 Foster
Empower your pre-approval carers with the skills, confidence, and knowledge to prepare them for their journey 2 foster.Find out more...
Managing Allegations For Staff
Comprehensive training for social work professionals on identifying, managing and assessing the impact of allegations.Find out more...
Supervision Skills For Supervising Social Workers
Learn how to manage performance, resolve issues, and understand the regulatory context and purpose of foster care supervision.Find out more...
Child Sexual Exploitation Awareness
Explore the risks of sexual and criminal exploitation and how to provide a safe base for children and young people in care.Find out more...