This course introduces the key elements of internet safety measures to foster carers and how to apply them effectively. It will introduce the online risks including grooming, technical controls and the available documentation to help counteract these.
- Introduce the key online risks to foster children
- Describe what grooming is and how it can be identified quickly
- Explain what is meant by ‘sexting’ and the effects this has on foster children
- List the available technical controls foster carers can apply to minimise risks
- Identify the support documentation available to foster carers
"I’m such a technophobe! But this course has made me feel a lot more confident in supporting my children when online."
FREQUENTLY BOOKED TOGETHER